- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Therefore, personally identifiable information is collected on our website only when voluntarily provided by the user. This information is used to deliver requested items such as the News Feeds, Posts by Email, Comment Replies, or other special notices.
Other information collected on our Website is not personally identifiable and is done so by our Web server in aggregate. This information allows us to track general patterns, such as browser and platform usage and site traffic.
www.towncrier.ng does not rent, sell, or otherwise make available to third parties the personally-identifiable information collected on our Website without your express permission.